Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pineapple Weed


I went fishing this evening with one of my daughters. The weather was beautiful with just a few clouds streaming across the western sky. The wind was warm and just enough to keep the bugs down.

The lake was fairly calm with the exception of a group of children screaming and splashing nearby and throwing rocks near the fishing area. I knew there would be no fish to fry tonight. So we gathered up our gear and drove to the river.

We have had flooding here at the river since the snow melted and it is still over the banks. One look at how strong the current was and I knew I had no interest in trying but I did cast out a few times. Soon I found myself looking at the weeds.

The weed pictured here is a pineapple weed. Some call it wild Chamomile.
If you take the flowers after they turn more yellow and squeeze them a little, they smell a lot like pineapple.
You can make a tea with these flower heads that is much like regular Chamomile.
A few inches away I spotted a wild violet plant. No flowers yet but I had wondered what a tea made from the two would taste like.
I will have to try that when the violets begin to bloom.

As we drove home the sun was setting and bringing a beautiful bright pink to the clouds with deep insets of purple against a cobalt blue sky showcasing a sliver of a crescent moon and it just brought such a peace to the evening.

I hope you all had a wonderful day and if you didn't take advantage of natures beauty today, try to find it tomorrow.

Thank you for stopping by.
Dee Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment