Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Getting knotty




I had not been much of a fan of Macrame when I was younger until I found this pattern in an old booklet. This will be a hanging table. I had given up on this for a few years because I could not find a piece of round glass for it for cheap. Then, last year, one of my neighbors put out a round glass piece next to the street with a free sign.
You all know that I just love free things so my husband grabbed it. It's a perfect fit and motivation to finish the job!

I had a lot of fun with the first part of this project. The hard part will be getting all the ropes to connect to the bottom circle evenly so I will have a level table. I still have to trim up and melt the loose ropes and untwist and brush out the bottom ropes under the table rim.

Macrame is a great thing to learn. You can make hammocks, hammock chairs, tables, lawn chairs and more. I am going to use this skill to make a new net for my fishing net, which broke. Big fish? Huge! I almost named it Moby Dick, it was that big! And I was just try to net some minnows.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this on my local news tonight,I'd thought I'd share it.
    http://www.wthr.com/story/14637117/prisoners-pitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply beautiful. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find this pattern? I would love to find it. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find this pattern? I would love to find it. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete