Sunday, May 8, 2011

Baby Hat from Scrap Yarn




For this I used Lion Brand Yarn, Watercolors.
The color is #344 Water Lily.
It is 65% acrylic and 35% Merino Wool.
It is thick and soft and very nice to work with.

This is a crocheted hat for an infant that I made from left over yarn that I had left over from a neck muffler that I knitted, which some call a cowel. The cowel is a straight knit pattern to the needed length to measure loosely around the neck and then ends joined. Very easy to make and nice beginner project.

I did not follow a pattern for the hat or the flower on it. I just worked it until it was what I wanted. I am sorry I did not write down what I did as I worked so I could give you the pattern. If you are really interested in a pattern for this, leave me a comment and I will figure and count it out and post it.
The little flower, that is much like a flat daffodil, was also something I made up as I went along.
From the neck muffler to the baby hat this yarn was great to work with.
With a wool content I would think that it would be a very warm piece and yet it is soft and not at all scratchy like one finds in most commercial wool yarns.

This hat is a new born to 6 month size. It took a very small amount of yarn and is perfect for that small little scrap ball of left over yarn.

Thank you for stopping by.
Dee Dee

I have been have some technical difficulties with my computer so I haven't been able to post everything that I have been working on. Once I get this corrected I will have much more to post, and I apologize if I do not get back to you soon with a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment