Saturday, May 14, 2011

Marinade Recipe for Kabobs


Tonight was 'experiment for company night' so I thought why not make Kabobs?

I started out making the marinade. This is my own recipe and the only reason I have it now is because my sister-in-law wrote it down as I went along, so thank you Carrie.

2/3 Cup Pineapple Juice
1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke (nice by not needed if grilling)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Crushed Garlic Clove
1/2 teaspoon Salt
a Sprinkling of Cayenne Red Pepper to taste.

Mix well and put in fridge until all meat is cubed. Put the meat in the marinade and put in fridge until all the other foods are prepared.
I tried this with both pork and beef and beef is the winner on this one.

The other foods on the Kabobs are
whole mushrooms
parboiled potatoes chunks
parboiled zucchini chunks
onion wedges
pineapple chunks

You can add or minus for what you like.
I first wrapped some of the non-marinaded meat in bacon (this is what the picture above is) and cooked that.
It wasn't too bad.
Then I cooked the marinaded meat without bacon. I tried the pork first and felt that the flavor was improved, but when I tried the beef I knew that it was a match. Really delicious food.
I brushed the Kabobs with melted butter and baked them in the oven (it was raining here today so no go on the grill) at 450 degrees F until the meat felt medium rare.
This was also the first time we have had zucchini. Nice addition to the meal. One kabob is plenty served with a tossed salad and a glass of Sweet Red wine, but be warned-if there are extras they most likely won't be serving fridge time.

This night has made me happy that I bought those stainless steel skewers at a garage sale, 12 for a dollar and kept them all these years. They will be used again soon.

The photo was taken before they were cooked. The after cooking photos are hard to get as this food sends my family into a feeding frenzy and I figure I had better get in there too before it was all gone.
I do have some meat left over in the marinade to see how it will taste in an overnight marinade. I will post how that goes in the comment section tomorrow.

I will be working on this marinade in the future to see if I can make it even better. If you try this please give me your feed back. If you have suggestions I would be more than happy to hear them. We are in this together!

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed this. Get cozy!
Dee Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment