Sunday, May 29, 2011

Marinade Recipe for Chicken Breasts

Tonight my husband's band was over so I made food samples (experiments) for them.
I made beef kabobs with the recipe that I posted earlier and I also made my own marinade for chicken that I wanted to get feedback on.

One 11 oz can of Mandarin Oranges with the juice.
4 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
4 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
Dash of salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon French Tarragon

Put these ingredients in a bowl and mix with an egg beater.

I mixed the marinade up yesterday and let it sit in the fridge overnight. The smell and taste told me that this would not be good for beef so this morning I put a frozen skinless chicken breast in the marinade bowl and let it defrost like that.

I placed it on a rack on a baking pan and basted with more of the marinade.
every 15 minutes while baking I would spoon more marinade over it. I cook it until the meat thermometer reached 170 degrees F.
Take out of the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.

I will tell you that if it wasn't good I would not have posted the recipe but I have asked the band to visit here and leave comments so you don't have to take my word for it.
One thing I would have done differently is buy fresh chicken. The chicken I got was as tough as an old stew hen. Had it not been for the marinade it would not have been very easy to eat.

I haven't decided what sides would be best with this, but since I had made kabobs with different things I did not need to worry about a full course plan.

I spent the entire day cooking and later I will be sharing another recipe with you.
Thank you for stopping by!
Dee Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment