Sunday, May 15, 2011

One Man's Junk...




Ends Up at My House.

If I see free stuff at the end of someone's driveway I am drawn to it like my lips to a wine glass.
Today brought an interesting score!

I found this pure wool sweater which I can not decide on whether I should reuse the yarn for socks or felt it for sewing mittens or boot liners. The sweater would be nice to keep as is but the sleeves are too short so this is a recycling project.
Give me your ideas to consider and I will post on that as it comes together!

Next was this shelf which is real wood. It needs a good cleaning and a few touch ups, maybe a new coat of varnish and it is good to go.

Then we grabbed this chair. I have plans for this one. My husband says it needs to be cleaned up a bit, and oh it will be, but when I looked at it the first thing that came into my mind was 'catcher's mitt'. I would like to get some tan leather and reupholster it and make a little round, white pillow with red stitches to make it look like a baseball.
Can't you just see it?
Batter Up!
...and yes, it is cozy!

Thank you for stopping by!
Dee Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment