Sunday, June 5, 2011

My World of Weirdness 1





Every now and then I acquire an object that makes some strange connection that I am not sure how to describe it. I can't really say these things are exactly cozy. They fall in the category of "interesting".

I bought this rain lamp back in the late 1970s from an old boyfriend's mother because I just loved it. Through the years I have had to take it apart, replace the motor/plump, rewire it (we had a flashing blue light special that day), restring it and repaint the gold finish on the metal parts. I surprised myself that I could do it all by myself as I had no experience with any of those things at the time. It still works and though I rarely use it, I still find it charming.

Then there are these two sleeping bunnies that I picked up for a quarter at a garage sale. We have had twins in every generation of our family, I have a brother and sister that are twins and the list goes up from there, so I thought if I had twins they would each get one. It didn't turn out that way. But I kept the bunnies anyways.

Then there is this lamp.
There is a long story behind this lamp, but I will keep it short.
My father found this lamp at an estate sale in the mid-70s and brought it home. It has been an interesting part of our family since. I almost painted it's toenails pink.

And finally there is the music box that looks like a Vesicare pipe person at a piano that plays "the Entertainer". It raises the question, "Why?"

I know this post is way off of my usual posts and not at all informative, but some days you just have to look at things that are not related to anything stressful, breath, smile, ponder and move on.

Thank you for stopping by.
Dee Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment